With little time I have after office and playing with kids , I am devoting some to this MFEM library.
Really good piece of software. Exploration continues.
So What is MFEM?
No, it’s not Ministry of Finance and Economics Management, it’s …….
MFEM is a lightweight, general, scalable C++ library for finite element methods and available at http://mfem.googlecode.com
The goal of MFEM is to enable research and development of scalable
finite element discretization and solver algorithms through general
finite element abstractions, accurate and flexible visualization, and
tight integration with the hypre linear solvers library. Its features
– 2D and 3D, arbitrary high-order H1, H(curl), H(div), L2 and NURBS
– Parallel version scalable to hundreds of thousands of MPI cores.
– Conforming or nonconforming adaptive mesh refinement (AMR),
including anisotropic refinement.
– Galerkin, mixed, isogeometric, DG and DPG discretizations.
– Support for triangular, quadrilateral, tetrahedral and hexahedral
elements with curved boundaries.
– Lightweight interactive OpenGL visualization with GLVis,
An interactive documentation of MFEM’s serial and parallel example
codes can be found here
MFEM is freely available under LGPL 2.1.