Conda is a tool for managing and deploying applications, environments and packages.
I use conda a lot. It has lot of functionalities and there is lot to learn in it but for regular usage, there are just few things that they need to know to use it productively.
so here’s a list of commands that I had shared with my colleagues to get them started in conda.
This commands will just be enough to get the ground running and do most of the stuff.
Few useful conda commands
- conda env export –f env.yml -> Exports the environment in env.yml file
- conda env remove -n env_name -> Remove a environment
- conda create –yes -n env_name python=3.5 -> Create an environment with python 3.5
- conda info –envs -> List all environments
- activate env_name -> activates environment
- deactivate -> deactivates the current environment
- conda install package_name -> install a package in the current environment
- conda uninstall package_name -> uninstall a package in the current environment