6 or so months back I had posted this somewhere else on the web.
Today just thought why not repost it here.
78 fortran interview questions you can face in an interview!
There is powercut in my area and I am sitting in complete dark. It’s 8 pm and I can’t do anything else.
So to utilize this time I list 78 fortran questions that you can be asked in a fortran interview?
1. What is common?
2. How many types of common are there?
3. What is difference between named and unnamed common?
4. What is an equivalence statement?
5. What is statement functions?
6. What is the use of statement function?
7. What is the equivalent of commons in fortran 90?
8. How are arrays stored in fortran?
9. How is array storage different in fortran and c?
10. Is memory allocation possible in fortran?
11. Is there pointers in fortran?
12. How will you implement pointers in fortran?
13. What is type Declaration?
14. Give the kinds of variables you can create in fortran?
15. What is the Use of modules in fortran?
16. What is select case statement?
17. Explain computed go to statement?
18. What is the statement to create a file in fortran?
19. What is the statement to append a file in fortran?
20. What are allocatable arrays?
21. Is it a correct declaration statement -> real :: a(:,:)
22. What does the above declaration statement mean?
23. What is the purpose of continue statement?
24. What is array slicing?
25. Can you create dynamic arrays in fortran?
26. How to declare a string variable of 10 character?
27. What is format statement?
28. How will you output a 10 character variable? Show via a format statement
29. what is kind operator?
30. Can you increase the precision of the variable?
31. If yes how. If no why not?
32. What does include statement do?
33. What is namelists?
34. Why use namelist?
35. What is block data?
36. What is the purpose of block data?
36. What is pass by reference and pass by value?
37. Name ten intrinsic functions?
38. What are intrinsic functions?
39. What does real a(*) mean?
40. Is this correct declarative statement. Real a(*,4)?
41. What does Len=* in character variable declaration mean?
42. What is contains?
43. Use of contains?
44. How to create global variables in fortran?
45. What is the difference between real and real*8?
46. Create complex variable in fortran?
47. How will you access the real and imaginary part of the fortran variable?
48. What is implicit none?
49. What happens if we don’t use implicit none?
50. Can a fortran array start with 0?
51. Is the array declaration correct integer is(-10,20)?
52. How do you concatenate two strings in fortran?
53. What is the difference between stop and end statement?
54. What are data statements?
55. How to use data statement?
56. What is parameter?
57. How do you define a constant in fortran?
58. What is implied read and write statement?
59. How to define a 3 dimension integer array?
60. What does write(*,*) mean?
61. How can you read ten or more variables at a time?
62. What is entry statement?
63. What is save statement?
64. What is where statement?
65. Where do your use forall statement?
66. Can you do object oriented programming in fortran?
67. What is the continuation character in fortran 90 and above?
68. Difference between print and write statement?
69. How to define a Boolean variable
70. What does this operator mean ==
71. What is the power operator in fortran?
72. What is computed if?
73. How to convert real to integer and vice versa?
74. What is dimension statement?
75. What is a pure function?
76. What is !DEC$ statement?
77. How to use compiler directives in fortran program?
78. What does index intrinsic do?
Knowing answers to all question is not important. Knowing the right answers for the right question is important!!